Preparing for Your Visit
- Do not wear lotions, powders or deodorants on the day of your appointment.
- Please wear two-piece clothing for convenience and comfort.
- For a biopsy, please do not take any aspirin or Advil for at least 7 days prior to your appointment.
- For bone density testing, please do not wear any metal, i.e., zippers or buttons.
- Please do not bring a child who requires supervision while you are being examined.
- Please bring the following to your appointment:
- A referral form from your physician
- The date of your last menstrual period or year of hysterectomy
- The patient will need to provide films/CDs from the two most recent mammograms and/or ultrasounds and the reports for comparison purposes or the address and phone number of the facility where they can be obtained. This will allow us to quickly compare them to your new digital images. Your results may be delayed if we must wait for your old films to arrive. Films/CDs are mandatory for diagnostic appointments.
- Any prior bone density test results or the address and phone number of the facility or physician where they can be obtained.