Reopening The Rose
We are excited to share that The Rose is reopening both of our centers as well as our Mobile Mammography Coach. With 200 women on our schedule for definitive evaluation, we are reopening by prioritizing biopsies and diagnostics. We will proceed with caution, gradually increasing appointments, all the time knowing breast cancer isn’t going to wait until this pandemic is over.
At this time, when life remains so very fragile, we step forward knowing The Rose will be needed more than any other time in our 34-year history.
Precautions & Safety Procedures
- We are scheduling patients carefully to allow time for enhanced cleaning and social distancing. Only essential employees are allowed in the building.
- Our process has women waiting in their cars until called. Only one patient at a time was allowed in the lobby; the employee then checked her temperature and asked the screening questions recommended by the CDC. Patients are also screened at the time of confirming their appointments.
- Once the examination area was cleared of the previous patient, and the patient screened, she was able to enter the building and proceed to the clinical suite and taken directly to the examination room for services.
- Employees and onsite security staff are assigned to monitor doors to control traffic into the building.
- All employees and physicians who are providing direct patient care are fully suited with PPE, including face shields, gloves, protective gowns, and masks. Anyone entering the building is required to wear a mask; staff members handling support duties are masked and gloved. Patients are provided an appropriate mask upon arrival if they are using cloth masks.
- For our Mobile Mammography Program, initially, we will only partner with those medical clinics, physician offices, or FQHCs, which are following the same safety precautions. They are responsible for screening the patient and keeping the patient in a 'holding' area until the coach is cleared of any other patient. Only those partners who are equally concerned about patient safety and have demonstrated they are following the CDC recommendations will be considered. To date, we’ve identified seven partners, and have at least one coach ‘tentatively’ scheduled through mid-June.
Essentially, the following is a list of the enhanced safety precautions that have been implemented:
- Personal Protective Equipment provided for patients and staff;
- Examination room and mammography system deep cleaned after every exam;
- Temperature check of all patients and employees and physicians at check-in;
- Reduced Patient volume, guaranteeing no contact with another patient from reception to departure;
- Pre-appointment patient screening, and if positive to any questions, procedure is canceled;
- Clearly marked signage and spaces to ensure social distancing;
- Physical barriers (temporary glass partitions) installed between patient and staff;
- Clearly marked signage at entrance and check-in about safety initiatives being taken to address COVID-19 during examinations;
- And information is being added to our website about safety initiatives as well as notice of limited scheduling.
Mobile Coach Precautions
- All motorcoaches are equipped with exhaust vents specifically designed for infection control and exchange cabin air every 3-5 minutes. All three fans will be turned on when more than one occupant is on board.
- All motorcoaches are equipped with anti-microbial medical grade surfaces and hospital grade high-performance HEPA filter media A/C filters.
Reabriendo The Rose
Estamos entusiasmados de compartir que The Rose está reabriendo nuestros dos centros, y también nuestros programa móvil. Con 200 mujeres esperando tener evaluaciones urgentes, estamos reabriendo priorizando las biopsias y los diagnósticos. Continuaremos con precaución, aumentando gradualmente las citas, sabiendo todo el tiempo que el cáncer de seno no va a esperar hasta que termine esta pandemia.
En este momento, cuando la vida sigue siendo tan frágil, damos un paso adelante sabiendo que The Rose será necesaria más que en cualquier otro momento en nuestra historia de 34 años.
Saving lives through quality breast health services, advocacy and access to care for all.